Monday 20 May 2013

To Move Or Not To Move ....

Here's another Monday.  I would say morning, however I have only just made it out of bed, shocking headache having kept me up part of the night and having woken me up super early.

Last week I wrote about moving house.  This week, we are under offer.  The news from the agent that the potential buyer was prepared to pay full asking price filled me with unexpectedly mixed emotions.  Firstly, I experienced that reassured feeling that my house was 'worth it' - someone else likes it enough to buy it.  This though was quickly followed by confused emotions about whether I wanted to part company with it after 11 years and my children having grown up in it.  This was completely unexpected and came out of left field.  I thought it would be rather more simple and if you take emotion out of it then I guess it is.  

But I am an emotional creature and began remembering all the good times we have shared in our house, particularly since Ex left and then OH (Other Half) arrived in our lives.  I have worried about the silliest things.  Will The Cat be OK?  Will he get lost or run over in unfamiliar territory?  Will HuffingtonBear be happy?  Will Son#1 be able to get to work OK and will Son#2 be happy?  But then I realise we are only moving 5 miles away.  Work will still be there for Son#1 and friends will be in travelling distance for Son#2.  The Cat will adapt and HuffingtonBear will be happy wherever we are just as long as there is a decent walk and a treat at bed time. Those thoughts, together with some stern talking to by a couple of very lovely and sensible friends has helped.  OH has been patient and completely wonderful, understanding me so well and I now feel really positive about moving on.  OH and I get to invest in a home together - our future - and everyone comes with us.  Memories come too - we just leave the walls behind.  

So with somewhat more excitement we began hurriedly visiting houses on the market at the weekend.  One has really taken my fancy.  It backs on to woods for lovely walks with HuffingtonBear, it has much more space and an extra bedroom.  It is in a much nicer area and seems perfect.  All I need now is to compare it with some others so I have two further viewings of houses tomorrow morning.  By lunch time I aim to have my mind made up.  OH has said he will then put in an offer .... and we will see what happens next.  Exciting times!

Watch this space.  Have a fabulous week, Julesy x

PS  I have also taken the plunge and submitted another short story to a magazine and I was invited to write a review for Dogs Today magazine.  The writing 'thing' seems to be taking off quite nicely and OH has began developing a web page for me too.  Life is good! x


3 comments:

  1. Oh Jules, I can imagine the mixed emotions of selling what has been the family home. The way you have to look at it is a house is four walls, brick and glass. A HOME can be re created anywhere, its the happy times you have in it that makes it your home. You will find the house of your dreams, you know which will be the right one when you walk into it, and make it into a new family home for the next chapter of your life..exciting times!

    Good luck with the short story and look forward to hearing how you get on with the move.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thanks Anita. :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita says it all......Good luck with your house hunting, and good luck with your short story xxxx

    ReplyDelete