Friday 3 May 2013

That Friday Feeling!

Happy Friday!

And today, it is an especially Happy Friday. Last night, having been invited to the prize giving for the short story competition in which Waiting For George was entered, I was absolutely thrilled to discover that my story had won! Yahooooo! 

So today I am feeling especially blessed not only with wonderful friends and family who support me and have no idea how precious that support is, but blessed with a little more self belief than I had yesterday.  Having your work judged and scrutinised is always a tricky thing but to have people praise it is ridiculously heart warming especially when applying to literary agents for representation can be so demoralising.  Today I plan on chilling and perhaps reading one of the many books from the hamper that was part of the prize (Thank you Waterstones!).

Please do look out for the next issue of Time and Leisure magazine where you can see my story and those of the two runners up.  However, I would urge you to try and ignore what is probably a rather unflattering photo - especially as I wasn't expecting to win and had ZERO make up on!  I did ask the photographer whether he could photoshop me some lipstick or a better fringe to which he replied 'Probably - I know that if your eyes are closed in my favourite shot then I can paste them in from another one' Terrific!  Pasted on eyes and still no make up plus a gappy fringe - I can hardly wait!  

Happy Bank Holiday weekend everyone, I hope you have a lovely sunny one filled with laughter and loveliness.  I'm looking forward to dinner tonight with a lovely friend, a treat tomorrow to be funded by Other Half, perhaps a walk with HuffingtonBear and the last of The Voice auditions.

Happy Days!

Julesy x

2 comments:

  1. You so deserve it...so proud...but who needs make up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be so proud of yourself, follow your dream Jules xx

    ReplyDelete