Wednesday 27 November 2013

Right Up My Street - AVAILABLE NOW!


Get the flags out!

Hang out the bunting, bring on the marching band and crack open a bottle of something fizzy because ……. today’s the day.  Well the day was actually Sunday 24th November 2013 but I wasn’t QUITE ready to tell the world!

I have been working towards this moment for about a year and a half.
I’d be lying if I said I had been working on this full time because of course, life comes along and has a habit of getting in the way.

Our dog, HuffingtonBear arrived en route to the completion of the first draft of the story and needed some tlc and more than a modicum of training, the kids had various things going on in their lives like grown up birthdays and starting new jobs and college courses.  We attempted to move house, then decided to stay, then decided to build an extension.  Oh and I have read somewhere in the region of 90 books in the same amount of time it has taken me to write just one!  All very welcome interruptions of course, but they have all been things that distracted me from the end objective.

So here we are finally.  Wednesday 27th November 2013 – Right Up My Street by Juliet Robbins is available to buy in paperback and on Kindle via Amazon.  If you buy it in glorious, glossy paperback it’s £6.00.  Thankfully I have also been able to publish it via Kindle and you can buy it for the fabulous, minuscule price of 77p.  Cheap as chips, which I am thrilled about because of course, this is my first go at writing a book …… so be gentle with me ;)

If you are kind enough to buy it then I do hope you enjoy it and if you don’t, well it’s 77p that you will never get back – gadzooks! ;)  Although it’s a light, weekend read and just a bit of fun I have honestly put a great deal into it and am now extremely proud to be able to say that I have written and published a book.

Thank you to all my brilliant friends and family who have been kind and supportive.  For those who know me well, the story is truly Holly’s and she’s a made up person and although I met the love of my life Internet dating it’s not about us or my friends and family ….. although I guess you could easily add two and two together and make five! In doing my research some years ago now, I really did meet some of the most absurd people along the way - that much is true, but each character has been dreamed up out of my imagination.  Tis amazing where one can draw inspiration from ….

So here we are, finally.  I hope you enjoy reading Right Up My Street in whichever format you choose.  It has been a journey, it has been an education and it has most certainly been emotional.  

Big love beautiful people, Julesy ;) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment