Friday 22 November 2013

Are we there yet? Adventures in book writing ….


Guess what?  I think we are almost there. Eeeeeeek!

So I have reviewed the book proof yet again and have just made my absolute final changes so if anyone finds anything from here on in then please, please just smile a little wry / smug smile and keep it to yourself … unless of course you want to see me carted off to the funny farm.  Your choice … on your head be it!!

Now this is the final bit of the process.  I send off my final, final, FINAL manuscript digital proof jobby, the lovely computer robot thing at Createspace runs it through a special programme and hey presto we are ready to rock and roll.

Holding my actual book in my little paws has been the most brilliant feeling.  However pressing the publish button is like sending your child off out into the big wide world and standing waving at the door, hoping for the best.  I’ll not be there to defend it if people are mean and I’ll just have to hope it is accepted and liked.

I keep reminding myself that this is chick lit and not a literary great although to me it’s a massive achievement.  When all is said and done, this is just me telling a story that I made up as I went along which is hopefully vaguely entertaining. Ta daaaa!

As I said in a recent post, an agent and publisher would have been mega fantastic but in the mean time I have done it ‘all by myself ‘(I feel a song coming on) and on that basis I’m pretty thrilled with it.

Right Up My Street will be published NEXT WEEK!  It will be available to buy as a paperback and to download on kindle.  As I explained previously, Createspace print on demand and therefore this drives up the price (which they set) of each copy so sorry folks if it’s not cheap as chips at this stage.

So here’s the back cover blurb…….

‘Holly fears a future living alone, eating pot noodles and rocking in a chair.  Will Internet dating be the source of true love?

Recently divorced Holly Matthews is about to make a decision.  It’s a decision she hopes will result in the discovery of Mr Lovely.

As she throws herself headlong back into the dating game, will the Internet be a help or a hindrance in finding her knight in shining armour?’

If you’re into science fiction fantasy, literary greatness, epic family drama or intelligent poetry, please step away from the computer and under no circumstances should you press ‘BUY’.

However, if you are looking for a light read, a bit of fun and a peep into the world of dating for single gals then step right up and have a nosey through.  I so hope you like it.

Julesy x

1 comment:

  1. Hi jules,
    this sounds like it has been a real labour of love and you should be so proud of yourself for your fantastic achievement. I, for one, cannot wait to read your first published book and if its anything like your short stories it will be a fantastic read...
    well done .. Anita x

    ReplyDelete